Ayo, jadi follower blog ini dan dapatkan posting-posting aneh! Tukeran link juga boleh!

Web Directories for Increasing Pagerank

Posted by Bani Syahroni on 3:08 PM

Having many blogs isn't as easy as you think. Some days ago, I just bought two domains. What for? Actually, I'm now learning how to be an internet marketer because I want to make more money from it. I'm a mad-money student, aren't I? Well, my plan is to make two new blogs and increase their pagerank up to 3 and make more money from them. But, the fact is, I can't do it as easy as I thought before because managing three blogs (including this one) is harder than only one. Then, I start learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization) how to increase blog popularity quickly.


Someday, I read an article (I forgot where is it from) about Web directory. Have you heard about it? Copied from Wikipedia, a Web direcotry means a directory on the World Wide Web. It specializes in linking to other web sites and categorizing those links. Why and how is it advantageous for bloggers? Basically, the purpose of a web directory is to collect information about blogs include the link. If we have submitted our blogs to website directories that have high pagerank, it means they've linked our blogs and increase our blog popularity. Some web directories need reprirocal link from our blogs so it's profitable for them.
In fact, submitting our blogs to website directories is effective in increasing pagerank, especially SEO friendly web directory. Two of the most awful website directories are DMOZ and Yahoo directory. DMOZ is a multilingual open content directory of World Wide Web links owned by Netscape that is constructed and maintained by a community of volunteer editors (wikipedia). Many bloggers said that submitting blogs to DMOZ is hard. Yeah, I think so. Compared with other web directories, DMOZ might be the most wanted one, but it's also the hardest. And Yahoo! Directory is the rivals of DMOZ, it's also a powerful web directory.

1 comments:

Comment by web development firm USA on June 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM

thanks for your post on directory submission

 

Post a Comment